On 26th December, 2004, a huge quake was recorded in the Indian Ocean. 9.3 on reactor scale, the tremor was the second biggest shake in the set of experiences. And afterward it was turn of a Tsunami, which accompanied ruin and demolition making immense harms life and property in close by areas. Situated in the core of Bay of Bengal, Andaman and Nicobar Islands was one of the spots who were unfavorably influenced by this debacle. For a little region, which was simply figuring out how to take care of business, it resembled a rope-cut assault. The economy of the Island tumbled down pointedly because of substantial effects of the calamity on the travel industry properties, resources and foundation. Numerous traveler offices including inns, resorts and entertainment meccas were obliterated, trailed by adverse consequences the business, incomes and generally economy of the Union Territory. The most exceedingly awful taking all things together, the unfriendly exposure produced by media reports and news channels made a dread psychosis among vacationers, which brought about less the travel industry deluge to the island.
For Andaman economy, which is profoundly overwhelmed by the travel industry and the related businesses, it was the greatest stun. Also, that is the reason important advances were assumed to responsibility for the circumstance. The Indian Government also did not commit any error and came in real life soon. For the recovery and advancement of the travel industry, a few viable measures were decided on. A couple among them is:
- Establishment of marinas at port Blair, Mayabunder and in Nicobar region to work with berthing of huge luxury ships so as pull in an ever increasing number of vacationers to andaman tourism. Aside from that, few ocean planes and airplane were acquainted with associate the islands.
- Water sports buildings were gotten to presence with advance offices like feasting, shopping and convenience. Moreover, a fairway at port Blair, shopping centers with multiplexes, top notch plasma board showcases and four traveler submarines were dispatched to advance the travel industry at the Island.
- To guarantee smooth network to the Island, non-stop trips to port Blair from numerous significant objections like Delhi, Mumbai and Kolkata were presented. Today, the vast majority of the homegrown aircrafts including Sahara, Air India, Deccan and Kingfisher offer flight administrations to the island.
- Additional regular citizen air terminals were opened in both Andaman and Nicobar areas for arriving of homegrown and International flights oftentimes.
- Indian Government with cooperation of Andaman Tourism Authority has been advancing the island as a flourishing eco-the travel industry objective. Various CDs and movies have been delivered to make mindfulness among eco-travelers all throughout the planet. Aside from that, simple the travel industry Visa arrangements and offices of long haul Restricted Area Permits for individuals related the travel Industry have been offered to advance the island the travel industry.